1. Kibblestone Scout District Camp and Activity Centre is referred to in this document as ‘Kibblestone’. A ‘Booking’ refers to a request by a group or individual to hire the campsite, accommodation or activity facilities at Kibblestone.
The ‘Group Leader’ refers to the individual with whom Kibblestone deals with in relation to a booking. Kibblestone will regard the Group Leader as having final responsibility for all matters relating to a booking, including payment of fees.
‘The Estate Manager’ refers to the Manager of Kibblestone and/or the Operations Manager, Site Administrator or any
person working on or behalf of Kibblestone Scout Camp.
2. A booking for a camp, accommodation, day visit and/or an activity at Kibblestone can be reserved for two weeks
by phone, fax or email. The booking form and deposit must be received within this period for the booking to be
confirmed. A receipt confirming the booking will be sent to the Group Leader.
3. All prices exclude VAT at the current rate. Where applicable, VAT at the current rate will be added to fees.
4. The deposit specified in the price list must accompany all bookings. The deposit is not refundable.
5. The final payment for a booking must be made before departure unless arrangements for delayed payment have
been made in advance between the Manager and the Group Leader. In such cases, the final payment for a booking
must be made by the date agreed.
6. Late payments will incur a charge of £10.00 plus interest at the rate of 10% per week or part thereof.
7. Payments may be made by cash or by a cheque issued by your group or organisation. All cheques should be
made payable to ‘Kibblestone Scout Camp’ and crossed ‘Account Payee only’. Personal cheques and credit cards
are not accepted. Receipts will be issued for all payments in respect of bookings. Any cheques returned not cleared by our bankers will be subject to a £25.00 charge.
8. Failure to comply with our payment terms may result in your booking being cancelled and you being liable for the total cost. Any alterations in numbers or activities just before or on the day of the booking will be added to the total and a final invoice will be issued to you before the end of your booking. This is payable by the end of your booking.
9. Cancellations must be made in writing to Kibblestone Scout Camp. The acknowledgement sent by Kibblestone
will state the effective date of the cancellation In the event of a cancellation the following charges will apply: • More than 60 days before commencement date – Loss of deposit
• 60 – 31 days before commencement date – 50% of total cost
• 30 – 8 days before commencement date –75% of total cost
• 7 – 1 days before commencement date –100% total cost
• On or after the commencement date – 100% total cost
10. The percentages listed above refer to the total cost of the booking. However, the deposit will be forfeited in full even if it should be more than the subsequent total due. Note: Insurance to cover cancellation should be arranged.
11. Kibblestone Scout camp reserves the right to cancel, alter, or delay any camp, course, accommodation or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as serious illness, severe weather or any other circumstances which would subject Kibblestone or any of its employees or any of its participants to danger.
12. Kibblestone Scout Camp reserves the right to send away from a camp or activity, any person who in their
judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others. In this event no refund will be given. Any additional costs and responsibility involved in removing the participant will be borne by the group.
13. Participants must be physically fit to take part in camps and activities at Kibblestone and free from any illness or conditions that may render the camp or activity hazardous. Participants in water-based activities must be able to swim 50 metres fully clothed as specified by Scout Association rules. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that only those who comply with this rule participate in water activities. Other activities may require the wearing of safety equipment, such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by Kibblestone,participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. Kibblestone Scout camp accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
14. Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully managed. Safety must therefore be paramount and all
participants must accept that the decision of the activity instructor is final and must at all times be accepted by the participants. Kibblestone Scout camp will accept no liability for problems arising from failure to accept and/or respond to the authority and instructions of the instructor.
15. Any and all photographs, videos, or other recorded media may be used by Kibblestone for marketing or
advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered and without any request being made to the
16. No Liability is accepted for:
• Loss of or damage to any personal property belonging to or travelling with the members of any group. For example watches, jewellery, cameras or clothing
• Losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, quarantine or any other cause.
• Personal injury or death of any participants however caused unless by proven negligence of the company.
17. In the event of any damages caused by participants to property or equipment in use by Kibblestone Scout Camp,
except by fair wear and tear, the group will be charged the full replacement cost. Any damages must be reported to a member of Kibblestone staff immediately.
18. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that all areas (including buildings and campsites) used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of a booking.
19. All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of Kibblestone Scout Camp is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and is intended as a guide to accommodation, camping and activity facilities available and may be altered without notice to suit differing seasonal or other conditions.
20. If you have any complaint during your booking, please notify The Managers Office. We will do our utmost to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please complain in writing to The Estate Manager within 14 days of the end of your booking.
21. For the comfort, health and safety of all concerned, smoking is forbidden during any of the activities. Smoking will only be permitted in smoking areas at relevant times in the programme. Smoking will only be permitted by persons over 16 years of age.
22. NO alcohol may be consumed during any activities. Under NO circumstances will anyone under the influence of
alcohol be permitted to participate in any activity organised by Kibblestone Scout camp.
23. Kibblestone Scout camp is covered by all necessary insurances.
24. It is the responsibility of all leaders to ensure that everyone over the age of 18, staying overnight at Kibblestone Scout Camp, are DBS checked