Kibblestone District Scout Council held its Annual General Meeting on 23 June 2020. This year’s event was very different to previous meetings, as due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown measures we were unable to meet in person. The meeting was held online, with a good turnout from our members. We were also honoured to welcome:
- The Lord Lieutenant of Staffordshire – Ian Dudson
- The High Sheriff of Staffordshire – Commander Charles Bagot Jewitt
- The Lord Mayor of the City of Stoke-on-Trent – Councillor Jackie Barnes
- The Worshipful the Mayor of Newcastle-under-Lyme – Councillor Simon White
- The Worshipful the Mayor of Stafford – Councillor Gareth Jones
- Jackie Brocklehurst – County Commissioner
- Vice Presidents – Gretta Bloor, Trevor Mardling, Steve Broadhurst
Mike Willis was appointed interim District Chair, with thanks given to our out-going Chair, Mike Deakin.
The Treasurer, John Capper, reviewed the accounts for 2019, with his usual flair and terrible jokes. 2019 was the best year financially in Kibblestone’s history, unfortunately it looks like 2020 will be the worst. The Trustees, Management Team and staff are continuing to work hard to look after the site and ensure that we can bounce back in 2021.
Read our annual report and financial statements here